If I had to pick one thing that makes the most impact for me to have successful week is meal prep. I usually spend Saturday shopping and Sunday cooking. I try my best to look at my week and make things as easy as possible. I know that if I have healthy meals and snacks ready that I don’t have to think about, I am much more likely to stick to my nutrition goals. It doesn’t bother me too much to eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. My days at work are busy enough that if I get breakfast and lunch in on time, I am doing really good. I do get a bit bored eating the same thing for dinner when I have more time to sit and enjoy what is in front of me. All of this food costs me about $6.00. It always makes me feel good that I am feeding myself real, healthy food and saving money at the same time. If I tried to go out for these things every day, I would spend more than $20 per day, that is a difference of $70 per week! More on my weeknight dinners later…For today: here is what is in my lunch box this week:
- Coffee Mug – My Kleen Kanteen keeps my coffee warm for hours if I get busy and forget about it. This saves me money and time (when I remember to make it before I head out the door).
- Smoothie – My green smoothies get made the night before and put into a Blender Bottle. The less I have to do in the morning, the more likely I am to get to the gym before work!
- Lunch – Made and packed on Sunday. I try to measure everything so I end up with the right amount of food. When I do this for two, I measure the right amounts for each of us. This week is shredded chicken with a little sugar free BBQ sauce, roasted sweet potatoes with chili powder and green beans.
- Snacks – Strawberries & Peanut Butter Protein Balls.
- My Cute Owl Lunch Box! It really is the little things sometimes. This one has served me well for over five years. I am on the hunt for a new one, but haven’t found the right thing yet.
Now I am ready to run out the door prepared for success to start the week! What are the strategies you use for success? Have a wonderful week!